Thursday, September 4, 2014

Kim Jong-un to Join Cast of Dancing with the Stars


Note: This story originally appeared on www.absrdcomedy.com.  Click link for more hilarious parody news.


ABC announced today that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is joining the cast of Dancing with the Stars. 

The addition, although controversial, was reportedly made to boost ratings and stave off competition from the new Netflix dance show “Twerking is the New Jitterbug.”

Whether or not American audiences are ready for a spray-tanned Kim Jong is yet to be seen, but supporters are already popping up. 

Ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman said, “I’ll be there to support my awesome friend, who’ll show the world he’s not only a great leader, but can also tango.”

To prepare for the competition, Kim Jong is reportedly training with an exercise DVD.  “I’ll be ready,” the leader said, “I’ve been shaking it to Hip Hop Abs for weeks.”

When asked whom he’d like as a partner, the dictator smiled menacingly and said, “I don’t care, as long as it’s Cheryl Burke.” 

ABC, a network known for taking chances, is hoping the selection does not backfire.  One executive was overheard saying, “This could be worse than the Cop Rock fiasco.”

Fans have taken to Twitter voicing their opinion on the controversial pick.

IWuvLabs007 tweeted, “Can’t wait until Gangnam Style week, I’m sure Jong will rock.”

PartyGirlPaula tweeted, “I’ll bet Len is intimidated and gives him a 10 the first week. #ScaredJudge”

Kim Jong is trying to stay focused and believes he can win.

“I’ll hang the mirror ball in my palace, next to my picture of dogs playing poker.”

A studio insider revealed Kim-Jong was not the first world leader to be asked to join the cast. 

Iranian president, Hassan Rouhani, turned down the offer joking, “Can you imagine me doing the foxtrot, I don’t think so.”

No comments:

Post a Comment